Defence Logistics 2015
The World’s Prime Logistics Event for Defence.
Providing logistic support to diverse forces is made all the more difficult when operating as part of an international or multi-national body. This challenge is further pronounced when tackling campaigns that dramatically differ from recent experiences, for example Operations Other Than War (OOTW). You may be required to maintain complex supply chains across great distances and in areas with far less infrastructure than in recent theatres. The short term expeditionary nature of campaigns in the near future renders response times critical; in the case of humanitarian crises, responses are often required within days.
Defence IQ is delighted to bring you the 12th Annual Defence Logistics symposium, which will address all these challenges and more. Topics will include: whether lessons learned from the return to contingency, after Afghanistan, will be applicable to future campaigns; and the future of IT support and solutions for military logistics.
This year’s event will be the most senior of its kind in Europe, featuring a number of keynote presentations from top representatives of European and NATO militaries. Furthermore the event will also boast the presence of several representatives from the industry, discussing their supply chain challenges.
- An exciting blend of industry and military speakers, providing essential and critical insights into current challenges in the field and the shape of the future.
- In-depth case studies, presented by their project management, of the logistical support networks of several major capability platforms including the Eurofighter Typhoon and the Rotor Support Department of Boeing Defence UK.
- A post-conference workshop, aiming to educate attendees on the challenges of interoperability in the NATO Response Force and examining the role of Military Logisticians in supporting OOTW e.g. Humanitarian Aid Missions, from the UNHAS.
By Attending Defence Logistics 2015 you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain updates on the key challenges facing logistics experts today, from the task of continuing to meet operational requirements under further constrained budgets, to choosing when and where to employ IT systems to support the day-to-day management of their supply chains.
- Understand where the future military budgets are heading, an event which is not to be missed if you wish to stay abreast with the rest of the industry in the next five to ten years.
- Access the varied expertise of logisticians from both the military and industry communities in order to learn best practice and engage with thought-leaders.
- Strengthen your understanding of the specific challenges in military logistics, by taking part in exclusive roundtable discussions with both civilian and military logisticians, exploring common solutions to differentiated problems.
In 2015, keynote speakers will be:
1. Major General Ramon Pardo De Santayana Y Gomez-Olea, Director of Maintenance, Spanish Army
2. Brigadier General James Vechery, Director Logistics, US AFRICOM
3. Brigadier General Dionigi Loria, Head of Logistics Directorate, EUMS/EEAS
4. Brigadier General Sergio de Almeida, Chief of Logistics Integration, Brazilian Armed Forces
5. Brigadier General Dariusz Lukowski, Chief of Logistics, J4, Polish General Staff
P.S. Are you interested in contributing to Defence Logistics 2015 in some way? It may still be possible to include you and your company on the agenda – please contact the event director to find out more: Alexander.Jupp@iqpc.co.uk or call +44 (0)20 7368 9798